Re: How to remove automatically installed packages when nothing depends on them?

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:27:13PM +0100, Michael Wagner <michaeldebian@web.de> was heard to say:
> * Countable Infinity <countableinfinity@gmail.com> 23.01.2009
> > When I installed xfce4-terminal, it automatically installed
> > libxfce4mcs-manager3, libxfce4util4, etc. But now if I do:
> >
> > aptitude purge xfce4-terminal
> >
> > it does not remove these libs that were installed automatically.
> >
> > Is there a way to remove these automatically installed packages  when
> > nothing depends on them any more?
>
> Hello Countable Infinity (cool name ;-)
>
> Try
>
> aptitude --purge-unused purge xfce4-terminal
>
> It's documented in the man page of aptitude.

  All that does is cause programs which are already being removed
because they're unused to also be purged.  It won't help if they
aren't being removed in the first place.

  Daniel