Re: How to see the output of a custom init script on Lenny?

Ken Irving wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:21:55PM +0100, Sander Marechal wrote:
>> Is there nobody who knows how to show the stdout ouput of an init script
>> during shutdown?
>
> My guess is that the answer is "no".
>
> Output should just show up on the console after you initiate shutdown
> from there.  Until the console itself goes away I don't see why output
> from an init script would be handled differently from any other script.
> Or perhaps you're assuming (but not stating) some other factors that
> might have bearing on your question.

I am starting to think that this has nothing to do with my custom init
script but with my system as a whole. I don't see *any* output when I
shot down or reboot. Only the red "Shutting down, please wait" message,
but nothing after that. If I remove my custom init script then still no
output of any of Debian's own init script is shown.

Any ideas?

--
Sander Marechal