Re: How to see the output of a custom init script on Lenny?

Jeff D wrote:
> I just tested this out on my Lenny system and it appears to work:

Thanks. I tested your script on my system but nothing appears on the
screen at all. When I shut down or reboot, the only thing I see on the
console is:

---
Shutting down, please wait
---

or:

---
Restarting, please wait
---

I don't see anything after that. Neither the rsync output nor the output
I expect from all of Debian's own init scripts. The only thing that
shows right before the system shuts down or reboots is the message that
acpid exited. Nothing else.

So, perhaps this hasn't got anything to do with my custom init script
but with my init system as a whole? My previous Lenny machine did show
messages when shutting down. This one does not.

--
Sander