Re: wireless gui configuration utility

On Wednesday 2009 January 21 13:46:04 Ismael Scalcon wrote:
>I use network manager, but wanted to know if there's an manager with
>GUI that allows me to configure IPs for each wireless connection.
>Using network manager, I need to change my IP address manually each
>time I connect in a wireless network that don't give away DHCP....

I use KNetworkManager and when configuring a new connection, it allows you to
provide static IP information, the the case the network does not use DHCP.
I'm not sure if it shares this information with the rest of the
NetworkManager infrastructure.  You can also reconfigure existing connections
to use static IP information by using the Edit Connections dialog.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))