Re: How to let a user login locally with a weak password

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I'd like to setup an account that can use a weak password.
To make up for it, the account should only be accessible locally, not
over the network.
It would be sufficient for it to be accessible only via GDM/XDM (since
I don't need remote XDM/GDM logins).

I used to add an extra line to /etc/pam.d/gdm to allow a list of users
(using pam_listfile.so) to login before checking their passwords.

That sounds promising.  Could you give me some details of what it looked
like?  But I guess that just allowed them to login without any password
(rather than with a weak password), right?  Still, promising.

        Stefan

Why is a "weak" password so important?  Is your real problem with like...the strong-password checker/requirements in debian? (What is that called again? how does that work debian-users? )

If you tell us that we might be able to help you out a little more
--
~Paul