Re: How to let a user login locally with a weak password

> I believe the default settings do not allow remote GDM logins. You can
> always run gdmsetup to be sure.

That's indeed the case.

> As for remote access via ssh, look into the DenyUsers and DenyGroups
> directives for sshd_config.

I guess that's an option, although I don't feel very good about it: it
only stops SSH.  What about other means to log in?  I try to make sure
only SSH is open, but I may allow other things at some point.
I'd rather say "only GDM" than "anything but SSH".

        Stefan