Re: aptitude freezes after install

On Saturday 17 January 2009, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote
about 'Re: aptitude freezes after install':
>On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 08:55:10PM -0500, microwaverich <richgrif@one.net>
was heard to say:
>> If I understand you correctly, I should try installing the above
>> aptitudes (in reverse order?) and then installing some other package
>> (any package?).
>
>  Yes -- starting with the most recent ones, install each aptitude
>version (just the ones I listed would be fine for now), then try
>installing or removing some small package.  I use xsoldier for this
>sort of test, but you can pick a different victim if you like.  The
>goal is to find the most recent broken version (i.e., the one where
>the breaking change was introduced).

Wow, this sounds like a job for "git bisect".  Unfortuntely, I can't use
that method as the issue doesn't manifest itself on any of my systems.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))