Re: aptitude freezes after install

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 01:51:13PM -0500, microwaverich <richgrif@one.net> was heard to say:
> I upgraded from Etch to Lenny yesterday.  Now aptitude isn't behaving
> properly.
>

> When I enter a single command at the command line, like:
>
> aptitude install xawtv
>
> it works fine.
>
> If I just enter 'aptitude' to start the full-screen (ncurses?) version,
> when it completes an install it stops responding to the keyboard.  I can
> abort using CTRL-C, but nothing else seems to work.
>
> Advice?

  No, but I'm curious what your hardware / software configuration is.
I've been trying to figure out this bug for over a year now, and I
can't figure out why just a few systems show it.

  If you're up to running some historical versions to see where the
bug was introduced, we could try pulling old packages from
snapshot.debian.net.  For starters, maybe these:

  Version 0.4.5.3-1:
http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2007/06/18/debian/pool/main/a/aptitude/

  Version 0.4.7-1:
http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2007/10/31/debian/pool/main/a/aptitude/

  Version 0.4.10-1:
http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2007/12/17/debian/pool/main/a/aptitude/

  Version 0.4.11-2:
http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2008/03/17/debian/pool/main/a/aptitude/

  Some of these will also need libcwidget1, which you can find here:

  libcwidget1:
http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2008/04/13/debian/pool/main/c/cwidget/

    Thanks,
  Daniel