Re: Logging passwords of SSH attacks

> While in general I agree, in this case you could say that I am sitting
> here as a honeypot. No legitimate users will try connecting via SSH on
> port 22, and certainly not over the big bad internet. The only reason
> that I have sshd running here is for another machine on the LAN to ssh
> in on a different port.

That would seem to reduce the difficulties associates with logging
random users' passwords.  However, that makes me wonder what the point
is -- are you just curious as to how random crackers start their
dictionary attacks?

Besides, if you're only SSHing on the lan, you might be better off
from a security standpoint by just dropping foreign-IP packets to 22
and whatever SSH port you actually use.  If there is no legitimate
traffic, why even give attackers a login prompt?