Re: essential packages getting deleted when switching to testing libc6

On 01/15/09 07:21, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
[snip]

IIRC, it's mainly the better algorithms to resolve dependencies and the
ability to distinguish between packages that are automatically installed
vs manually installed, that have been introduced in aptitude, but not in
apt-get.

From memory and the fact that now apt regularly nags me that certain packages aren't needed anymore, and can be dropped with 'apt-get autoremove', I *think* that the same (or similar) algorithms were implemented in apt,

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.