Re: /dev/sndstat

On Monday 12 January 2009 16:22, M. Lewis wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

> >> Still no luck without the snd_seq or even putting snd_seq in a
> >> separate modprobe:
> >>
> >> modprobe -v snd_seq
> >> modprobe -v snd-hda-intel
> >
> > So the depmod/modprobe worked, but then you rebooted and now it doesn't
> > work????
>
> That is correct. That is three times, through some series of events,
> that I have managed to get sound out of it. Rebooted and tried to
> reproduce the sequence and was not able to reproduce it.
> --

I wonder if you have some sort of codec conflict going on here. Try adding the
following line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, and rebooting.

options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1

That will just select the first codec, which should be the one for your
soundcard, if there are more than one codec in the equation.

If that doesn't work, and the next time you get the sounds up and running,
post back the output of the following stuff.

cat /proc/asound/cards
cat /proc/asound/version
grep ^Codec /proc/asound/card?/codec*

If the probe_mask option does work, post back the output of the above stuff as
well, as it may be helpfull in getting a solution to the problem.

All the best.

Nigel.