Re: parallel to scsi converters question

On 01/11/09 12:48, Jude DaShiell wrote:
I have a parallel to scsi converter and a jazz drive. If I hook that up to the debian box I have running, how will debian see that drive? I expect I can activate parallel port support but once done what kind of a new device should I expect to find?

Probably an sd or sg device.

If the parport driver is loaded and udev is running, I'd just plug it in and see what happens.

# tail -f /var/log/syslog

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA