Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

On Sunday 2009 January 11 08:17:19 Joerg Schilling wrote:
>Then please follow the Nettiquette rules and send Cc:'s!

The rules for this mailing list are available from the URL I posted.  Please
follow them and do not CC me on posts to the list.  If you would like to be
CC'd on posts to the list, you'll need to ask for them.  I will take the
quoted text as a request to be CC'd on this message.

>"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
>> I claimed
>> that wodim has had more stable releases since the fork than cdrtools.
>
>The minimum requirements one need to have on a "stable release" is that it
>does not have known bugs at the time of piublishing.

We have different requirements for a stable release.

>Cdrecord had 50 stable releases that match the requirements within the past
>three years.

These do not meet my requirements for a stable release.  They are explicitly
marked as "alpha" by the person/group releasing them.  For me, that means
they are not stable releases.

>If you speak for the Debian community,

I speak for only myself.

>> cdrkit, wodim in particular, is working.  I've used it many times in the
>> last few years.
>
>cdrkit is not working

I disagree.  Next time I burn a CD with wodim, shall I send you the logs to
show that wodim is working?  Or perhaps post them to a public forum?

>If Paul makes a bug report, this will just add another bug to the long list
> of bugs in cdrkit but it will not result in a bugfix.

Since previous bugs files have resulted in a bugfix, I choose not to believe
your predictions of the future.

> People who like to
> write CDs, DVDs or BDs just use the original software because Debian does
> anything to prevent a vanilla Debian to be useful for this task.

I like to write CDs and DVDs; I use wodim (and other programs from the cdrkit
project).  Unfortunately, I do not yet own a BD writer.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))