Re: X-terminal-emulator kills X

On 01/08/09 15:06, Peter Crawford wrote:

Launching X-terminal-emulator immediately kills X in Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.26+17, Xfce4, running on an IBM NetVista 6578-RAU. The screen is left with a pattern reminiscent of cloth from a malfunctioning loom. The same system on a generic PC has no such problem. Nothing I found in lists or in bugs helped. Any ideas?

What video driver?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA