git-svn - pull from git repository with history to commit into svn repository

I am using git-svn to access a svn repository. Due to some mistake I have some
code that I've made several commits to on a git tree which is not linked to the
svn repository.

I would like to move these changes including all the commit history into the
git repository.

I tried doing
git-svn clone <remote svn>
git-pull <git repo>
git-svn dcommit

The second command pulled in the git repo I was working on and git-log shows
the history (it did ignore the branches though). The problem is that once I did
git-svn dcommit, it commit ed all the changes but as one revision instead of as
a list of revisions with comments. Is there a way to do this while preserving
the revision tree and comments?

Thanks