Re: Anyone got qc-usb working with kernel 2.6.28 and amd64?

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 02:24 +0100, Micha Feigin wrote:
> I'm trying to get a Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Web (lego webcam based on
> logitec) working on my box running kernel 2.6.28 amd64 kernel. I
> managed to fix compilation errors using a patch I found on the bug
> tracking system plus some extra modifications. The resulting driver
> loads and recognizes the camera but
> xawtv doesn't give any output (black screen), the test program that
> comes with driver gives zeros for mem_map mode, it does seem to give
> and image for read mode. I also tried a sample program with opencv
> which complains HIGHGUI ERROR: V4L: device /dev/video0 is unable to
> capture video memory. I can't downgrade the kernel since I need the
> newest e1000e for my network card
> (anything older and the network card isn't supported).
>
> Thanks

Hi,

I got qc-usb v1.8 working under 2.6.26-1-686. It needs a patch though.

qc-usb-messenger:
http://home.mag.cx/messenger/source/qc-usb-messenger-1.8.tar.gz
patch:
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/gentoo-x86/media-video/qc-usb-messenger/files/qc-usb-messenger-1.8-kcompat-2.6.26.patch?rev=1.1