Re: Nice looking terminal applications

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 08:55:10PM -0200, Maurí­cio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've realized most of my time in a computer I use
> just an input/output line. (I don't even need a
> vt100-like terminal, since I use 'ed' or 'sam' as
> text-editors.) But I still need X because of
> utf-8 fonts and anti-aliasing.
>
> Is it possible to get that without X? Can I get
> my text-only terminal to use utf-8 and nice fonts?

Install console-terminus console-tools
Edit, as root, /etc/console-tools/config so that it looks roughly like
this:

# Turn on numlock by default
#LEDS=+num
APP_CHARSET_MAP=utf8
APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc1=utf8
APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc2=utf8
APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc2=utf8
SCREEN_FONT=Uni3-TerminusBold16

Then reboot and see if you like it. It seems to do most of the
characters I'm interested in.
If you want to try others, they are located in the path:
dpkg -L console-terminus | grep Uni3-TerminusBold | less

--
Chris.
======