[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: OT: laptop recomendations

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sun January 4 2009, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> If this is a QWERTY keyboard, then this is a British keyboard, not
>> a French keyboard. French (AZERTY) keyboards are awful to use when
>> programming or working with the shell, since [ ] { } and \ need the
>> AltGr key.
> no, it's French.. trust me.. The DEL key says "suppr" and the insert key 
> says "Inserer" withe the tick mark over the first "e".. and the end key 
> says "Fin".

French keyboards are quite different. Not only they are AZERTY, but the
symbols are in some very different positions, compared to the US
keyboard. They do have the £ sign, but not in the same key as the 3. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layouts#French .

... bleakness ... desolation ... plastic forks ...


Reply to: