POP (was Re: iptables question)

On 01/03/09 19:49, Napoleon wrote:
[snip]

I also tried to find the support forums for qpopper, but the only ones I found hadn't had a post in over 2 years. So maybe I need to change pop3 servers.

Unless you are running an ISP, you should really ditch POP and move your mail to an IMAP "store". It'll centralize email, eliminating the need to synchronize across multiple machines, and make it much simpler to back up the data.

Also, with a bit of extra effort (and since you run Debian and care about firewalls, that shouldn't be a problem, you can implement IMAPS or web mail and thus gain access to email from remote systems.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.