Re: Corrupt data - RAID sata_sil 3114 chip

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:30:07 +0100
Bernd Schubert <bs@q-leap.de> wrote:

> Hello Bengt,
>
> sil3114 is known to cause data corruption with some disks.

News to me. There are a few people with lots of SI and other devices
jammed into the same mainboard who had problems but that doesn't appear
to be an SI problem as far as I can tell.

There are some incompatibilities between certain silicon image chips and
Nvidia chipsets needing BIOS workarounds according to the errata docs.

Alan