cinelerra video editor

I downloaded the source package and compiled it.
I had to download a load of packages so ./configure script would say yes
to all the requirements.
I also had to add some stuff that configure did not show that it needed
when I ran 'make'
Then when I executed the program it still complained about missing
libraries but I did some symbolic linking and was able to get the
software running.

it is running nicely now.

I searched around and it is not a package for the debian system.
or at least I could not find one.

Does anyone know if there is a current maintainer to this software
editing application?