Re: Hibernate - Is it safe?

"Dean Chester" <dean.g.chester@googlemail.com> wrote:
> At the moment i seem to be putting my laptop in to hibernate and then
> when i start it up again i boot in to vista. So i ask is it save to
> keep doing this?

Yes. Linux saves its memory state in an area of the hard disk (a
Linux swap file or partition) which is not changed by Windows.

You only have to be careful in all cases where some data of the
Linux system might be changed while it is in hibernation:

- Some other installed Linux distribution or Live CD which writes
  into your Debian partition or swap file.
- If you have a parition of your Vista system mounted, better
  umount it before hibernation.