Re: hard crash on leap second

Hi,

Travis Crump wrote:
> I had a hard crash of my lenny system precisely when the leap second was
> added.  While X has flaked in the past, I've never had a hard crash
> before.  I have no other evidence they were related, but I wasn't doing
> anything unusual at the time.  Any ideas?

Same behavior here.

My machine also crashed precisely at 0:59:59 - french time - (screen
froze, KDE bar displaying this time).

My current kernel is:
Linux 2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 15 18:15:07 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
This is an average 32 bits sempron 2600 machine.

I would be very interested to understand what's happened. I don't think
it's a coincidence, I've seen several other mention of such a crash
(with Debian) on the web today.

Yannick

--
| web: http://feelingsurfer.net/garp/ | Garp sur irc undernet          |