Re: hard crash on leap second

* Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com> [2009 Jan 01 19:18 -0600]:
> The following packages are BROKEN:
>   openntpd
>   ntp
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 434kB of archives. After unpacking 1065kB will be used.
>   openntpd: Conflicts: ntp but 1:4.2.4p4+dfsg-7 is to be installed.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
> Remove the following packages:
> openntpd
>
> Score is 119
>
> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
> # dpkg --list|grep ntp
> rc  ntp                                                     1:4.2.4p4+dfsg-5
> Network Time Protocol daemon and utility programs
> ii  ntpdate                                                 1:4.2.4p4+dfsg-7
> client for setting system time from NTP servers
> ii  openntpd                                                3.9p1-7
> OpenBSD NTP daemon
>

> so I don't have ntpq..

Of course not as ntp is still not installed due to the conflict with
openntp.  `ntpq' is in the ntp package per:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=ntpq&mode=exactfilename&suite=testing&arch=any

Once openntp is removed then you'll have ntp installed and ntpq to go
with it.

- Nate >>