Re: hard crash on leap second

On Thu January 1 2009, Bob Cox wrote:
> > no, I have an always-on DSL connection.
> > Westell modem->linksys router->PC.
>
> Hi Paul - what's the output from ntpq -p please?

paulandcilla:/etc# ntpq -p
bash: ntpq: command not found

... ok, so apt-cache search ntpq says hobbit-plugins
that didn't change anything.
so I tried :

# aptitude install ntp
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  openntpd
  ntp
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 434kB of archives. After unpacking 1065kB will be used.
  openntpd: Conflicts: ntp but 1:4.2.4p4+dfsg-7 is to be installed.

Remove the following packages:
openntpd

Score is 119

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
# dpkg --list|grep ntp
rc  ntp                                                     1:4.2.4p4+dfsg-5
Network Time Protocol daemon and utility programs
ii  ntpdate                                                 1:4.2.4p4+dfsg-7
client for setting system time from NTP servers
ii  openntpd                                                3.9p1-7
OpenBSD NTP daemon

so I don't have ntpq..

--
Paul Cartwright