Re: How often do the repositories get updated?

Sven Joachim wrote, on 2008-12-31 18:43:
On 2008-12-31 01:57 +0100, Dean Chester wrote:

I am just wondering how frequently do the repositories get updated for
kernels as ive not been able to update to the new kernel 2.6.28. My
custom built kernel doesn't work:(. I am running debian sid and i also
noticed that the kernel 2.6.27 wasn't put in to the repositories.

There are no new kernels in sid because of the Lenny freeze, but the
kernel team provides them in an extra repository, see
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel.  2.6.28 has not been packaged yet,
though.

Sven

kernel.org 2.6.28 source builds easily under Debian. (I had to manually add the SCSI eata patch which just missed the initial 2.6.28 source release).

Before running make-kpkg, I copied the /boot/config-2.6.27-1-686 installed from the latest linux-image-2.6.27-1-686 binary installed from kernel-archive.buildserver.net (linked from the wiki.debian.org URL above) into the main directory of the unpacked 2.6.28 kernel source, ran make menuconfig, made a few tweaks for my own preferences and saved the result, then ran

make-kpkg --initrd linux-image

which created the .deb file that could be installed by running dpkg -i <name-of-file>.deb

Arthur.