Re: memory problem

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> Well, there are already many memory-related bugs.  See esp 452706.  The
> complainer was running out with more than 1 GB of memory.  The suggested
> action was to try FF3 in experimental.

Ouch.  That has to be the poorest answer I've ever seen from a Debian
developer... ever.  In bugs I've submitted and seen submitted, the
developer would either take the issue up with upstream or fix the
problem themselves.  I think it isn't right for a Debian developer to
suggest a package from experimental to be installed on a stable box to
solve a problem with a package from stable.