Re: problem with CUPS

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 16:42 -0500, Zach Uram wrote:
> I am using http://localhost:631/admin and click Add Printer and select
> HP960C and the hplip driver then when I apply it says: 413 Request
> Entity Too Large
>
> I am running firefox as root so I don't know why it is failing. I also
> tried running gnome-cups-manager as root which calls gnome-cups-add
> and it says:
<snip>

Not sure what that would mean, so I can't provide any help there.

But, when I run the browser based GUI, I do it as me, not root.  Then,
when I do something that requires root permission to perform, the GUI
pops up a logine box, I enter 'root' and the root password.

Could be it's not working for you because the root login permissions let
you run things, but the permissions aren't correctly propagated to the
Apache server side?

--
Bob McGowan