Re: Better support for merging local and upstream (was: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux)

lee wrote:
> Exim4 is another example. I can configure it easily bypassing the
> automatic configuration, but I'm unable to configure it using the
> auomatic configuration.

Well, you can't, but other people can (at least one, ie, me). It's a
matter of preference, and Debian respects that.

> Well, where is the option to have the automatic configuration create a
> single configuration file that you can easily check and then use to
> configure your program if you want to

It's explained in the README.Debian file, which contains all the details
about how exim works in Debian and the peculiarities relevant to this
distribution.

--
Eisenhower!!  Your mimeograph machine upsets my stomach!!

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb