Re: xorg and fonts

On Saturday 06 December 2008, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote about 'Re:
xorg and fonts':
>Is it just me, or is Debian getting more and more sloppy with things
>like this?

Could you please provide an example of the old behavior (e.g. by installing
sarge or previous and showing the output with the same
[modulo "backporting"] configuration) to show how the new behavior is
more "sloppy"?  Or are you just throwing around unsubstantiated claims?

In any case, upstream changes sometimes cause your or Debian's
configuration to be redundant.  Last I checked one of X.org's stated goals
for their X11 server is to make /dev/null a valid configuration file
that "just works".  As that occurs, less and less of your or Debian's
configuration will be required (but still useful when things don't "just
work").
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))