Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

I installed the the insserv package and it set up fine, it has a few dependencies (libc6, debconf, and sysv-rc) and suggests bootchart. but that was the only package i had to install, then just followed the instructions (copy and pasted 2 commands) and then rebooted and i must agree, it was definately a much improved boot time.

--- On Tue, 12/2/08, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@volumehost.net> wrote:
From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@volumehost.net>
Subject: Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 3:29 PM
.
Actually, I've been doing that for.. a while.  I never got bit by any of
the bashism bugs. In any case, that was something I knew I could handle
fixing is I *did* run into a bug. I'm not as comfortable with
dependency-based init systems, but if the devs are calling it done I'm
willing to try it out.

I'm assuming the answer to both of the questions is "yes"? (Two
*useful*
replies, but no definitive answers.)