Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

On Tue,02.Dec.08, 12:34:27, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> The linked mail makes reference to the "insserv" package.  Is that package
> required to get a dependency-based boot sequence?  Is that package
> sufficent to get a dependency-base boot sequence?
>
> I ask because I'd like to start testing it on both my desktop (Lenny) and
> laptop (Etch[Base]/Etch-Backports/Lenny[Mostly]/Sid/Experimental[1]).

I wouldn't recommend trying it on anything earlier than Lenny, some of
the necessary info in the initscripts may be missing. OTOH I think
insserv will warn about this.

Additionally you might want to try using dash as /bin/sh
(dpkg-reconfigure dash).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)