Re: /dev/shm lost

n Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:55:55 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

>> I used to have the tmpfs /dev/shm, but lost it due to recent update.
>>
>> I'm wondering who is in charge of creating it -- so as to get it back.
>
> /etc/init.d/mountdevsubfs.sh

hmm... I have that file and still don't have /dev/shm.

Trying to find the reason myself, I found the real reason that I don't
have /dev/shm:

 % domount tmpfs shmfs /dev/shm tmpfs -onosuid,nodev
 Files under mount point '/dev/shm' will be hidden. (warning).

Why is that? How can I let the script not hide files under /dev/shm?
(I tried to search the string "Files under mount point '/dev/shm' will be
hidden", but didn't get much good hits.)

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/