New Kernel

Hello all,

I'm new to debian, just switched over from ubuntu. I heard news of the new 2.6.27 kernel coming out, and has atheros driver support. My laptop has an atheros card I haven't gotten to work yet, and I'd like to get the new kernel to get that card working. My kernel is 2.6.18, running the latest distro of debian. I understand I can compile my own kernel if I wish to, but I never have. I'm also aware kernel.org has daily image builds, but I don't really know how to install a kernel image or compile my own as I've never done it. Thanks for the help!