Re: kernel 2.6.27

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:07:11 +0300
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you can't wait until then, you can get the sources from kernel.org
> and compile yourself. If you use the Debian Way (tm) it shouldn't be too
> hard.

Even if one doesn't use the Debian way, it's really quite simple.  I've
often had trouble using kernel-package on vanilla source trees (from
wireless-testing.git), and now I just use ordinary 'make', 'make
modules_install install', 'update-initramfs', and 'update-grub'.  [I
call initramfs in a simple little script to get the kernel version from
${KERNEL_ROOT}/include/config/kernel.release; there's likely a better
way to do this, but this works fine.]

> Andrei

Celejar