Re: Need help installing ndiswrapper

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 04:14:17 -0400, alan hutchinson wrote:
> I also am having difficulty installing ndiswrapper I don't no where to
> start,I thought that by useing synaptic package manager it would be a breeze
> but evidently not I am useing Debian Lenny beta 2 i386 with kernel 2.624
> 1686 also I am trying to install network everywhere 2.4 GHz wireless usb
> adapter,if some one could pleas help me ,
> thanks in advance.

Try this:

http://wiki.debian.org/NdisWrapper#head-d830e05d15a64e40a56b82c293d9d9b65949b3f4

If you run into problems, post the details here (including verbatim
error messages). You can use synaptic to install the necessary packages
(the instructions in the wiki use the apt-get command) but then you have
to quit synaptic, open a terminal, become root and run the m-a
(module-assistant) commands as they are given in the wiki. ("m-a" is
simply a convenient abbreviation for "module-assistant"; they both start
the same program.)

          Florian   |