Re: Lenny: 30 secs boot delay udev????

On 10/07/08 06:08, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
Hi,

When I boot my laptop there is a 30 secs boot delay during which
> nothing happens on my system: I have looked with bootchart and
> during those 30 secs there is no harddisk activity, no processor
> activity.

The processes that are running during those 30 secs are init
s05ude
udevadm udevd
kthreadd
khelper
kpsmouses
iwl3945* (3 things)

Maybe it's trying to detect a non-existant wireless network? Or find some other bit of non-existent h/w?

I'd look in /etc/udev/rules.d.

Is this normal (30 secs of do-nothing) and can I do something
about it to shorten my startup time?

It sure doesn't happen on my system!

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.