Re: exim4 authentication in etch? - SUCCESS!

Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> I found I had to add two lines to the macro:

> |MAIN_TLS_ENABLE = true|
> |AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS=yes|

> after which I stopped exim4, ran update-exim4.conf and restarted exim4.
> After this exim4 successfully sent a message.

What you've done there is to enable TLS (encryption), but then
immediately say that you're happy not to use encryption to protect
your username/password combination. If you're happy exposing your
authentication credentials this will work fine. I wouldn't be.

Chris