Re: Merits of approxy

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 04:39:33 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 14:38 -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > approx
> >
> > [I use approx; various readers of this list have their own preferences.]
>
> I'm curious, what does approx bring to the table in comparison to the
> others?

If by others you mean apt-proxy and the other apt proxies, I don't mean
to imply that it brings anything.  I had tried apt-proxy and had had
some trouble with it, and I switched to approx.  The problem may have
simply been some unrelated temporary network or repository difficulty,
but regardless, I have been happily using approx since, and I mentioned
it simply because that's what I'm currently most familiar with.

> Paul Johnson

Celejar