Re: Building a new desktop: hardware advice

2008/10/2 Miles Bader <miles.bader@necel.com>:
> "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> writes:
>> Thank you Ron, that is a great point. Just last week I had a big fight
>> with Western Digital because they require Windows to update the
>> firmware of their harddrives. I will document this on my personal site
>> sometime soon.
>
> What's your website URL?

http://dotancohen.com

I have documented a few conversations that I've had with various
hardware and software vendors regarding Linux / Wine compatibility.
But it is rather incomplete. The site is not a 'blog' and is intended
more as a reference for those who want to write to hardware / software
vendors as well (That portion of the site, anyway).

> [I have a WD drive, don't forsee needing to upgrade the firmware, but it'd
> be nice to know what's up... (the drive itself is really nice though)]

I have been using WD drives for years without excessive problems. My
gripe is not about the quality of the hardware, but the service.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il