Re: Installing Etchy on fakeraid/BIOS raid

On Wed, October 1, 2008 03:39, John Merchant wrote:
> Dear Debian user,
>
> I'm having trouble installing Etchy on a fakeraid/BIOS raid array, the
> installer doesn't seem to detect the array but instead it detects the
> separate SATA drives.

At the moment your best bet would be to set the fakeraid card to JBOD and
simply use linux software raid. Most proven method.

There's experimental support however in Lenny for installing on fakeraid
using the dmraid driver. You start the lenny installer with

'install dmraid=true'

There's some info on: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SataRaid

I haven't tried it myself though, I simply use the JBOD / software raid
option.

--
Groet,

Peter Teunissen

---
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and
those who don't...