Re: Kernel installation BORKED!

Sven Joachim stated in a not very friendly tone:
>> run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/update-initramfs

>From the existence of this file I conclude that you have initramfs-tools
>0.92k installed, which is known to be broken.

>> Cannot delete /boot/initrd.img-2.6.26, doesn't exist.

>That's bug #499270. My advice to you: don't run sid if you cannot
>figure out such things on your own.

Hmmm. Yes, I had gathered that initram.92k was at fault, but knowing what
caused the error does little to solve the damage. A different version
couldn't be installed, as the whole installation process was hung up.

Normally using --force-? with dpkg is useful in this type of circumstance,
but wasn't allowing any action due to initramfs failing. As I had said. In
my *many* years of administering Linux, I have never had to get around
such a problem. And I believe that this is why this mailing list exists.
If you have a problem with such questions being asked, then my advice to
you is that you don't read the list and certainly do not respond if you
cannot be helpful.

My ignorance of the resolution does not mean that I am a DSU. The fact
that you don't know me does not mean that I do not know what I am doing.
No one can be a master of every area. I hope that in the future you
may try to be more considerate.

Wade