Re: Using projector on D630 (debian lenny+xfce)?

Yes, I can see many levels for different resolution, there is a drop down list. But all of them are under 1024x768 (800x600, 640x480), smaller than my laptop 1280x800. Only parts of my laptop screen are shown on the second screen.

I didn't see any options that let me to set second screen resolution manually to be same as my laptop screen, so that the whole screen can be displayed.

Thanks.
Michael

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Sudev Barar <sbarar@gmail.com> wrote:
2008/9/11 Michael Yang <michael.yxf@gmail.com>:
> I tried "nvidia-setting" to detect the display, it works and can detect the
> connected display.
>
> But there is another issue about the resolution:
> My laptop (DELL D630) is 1280x800, the connected LCD monitor is 1024x768,
> thus only parts of laptop screen are shown on the LCD monitor.

Look again at nvidia-settings. You can set second screen resolution at
different levels if you use separate X screen instead of clone.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.