Re: Using projector on D630 (debian lenny+xfce)?

Thanks so much for your help.

I tried "nvidia-setting" to detect the display, it works and can detect the connected display.

But there is another issue about the resolution:
My laptop (DELL D630) is 1280x800, the connected LCD monitor is 1024x768, thus only parts of laptop screen are shown on the LCD monitor.

I wonder if there is a way to change the resolution of the connected LCD monitor or projector? I tried to use "xrandr --output VGA --mode 1280x1024", the xrandr seems doesn't work on my laptop because nothing happens after I ever execute the "xrandr" command to switch my screen.

Thanks a lot
Michael

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2008-09-06 at 11:24 +0530, Sudev Barar wrote:
> 2008/9/6 Michael Yang <michael.yxf@gmail.com>:
> > When I connected the projector, I pressed Fn+F8 just same as I do on
> > Windows, but nothing happened.
>
> You need to either boot with projector connected, in which case all
> screens will on projector and nothing on monitor.

Not entirely true.  I get confused on versions as I run Sid, hence the
"not entirely true":  xrandr --auto should find all connected monitors
and enable them (in this case the laptop AND the projector).  This would
work even if you plugged in the monitor/projector after you powered up
the lappie and entered X first.  Now, I don't know the version of xrandr
in Lenny, so perhaps this will not work, but I think it will.

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com