Re: Mutt Mail to List Fails

On Mon,08.Sep.08, 17:22:50, Thomas H. George wrote:

[...]

> I agree the problem must be with the ISP's or Debian's spamfilter.
> Something must have changed recently as I posted from mutt for years
> with the old muttrc entries.  It's surprising that more people haven't
> reported the problem.

I don't know about others, but gmail rewrites all headers anyway (I
don't even bother to set 'from') and my ISP would reject at SMTP time
any mail with 'From' and 'Envelope-From' different then the one they
provided.

It might be that your ISP initially accepts the mail (as seen from your
mail.log) and then passes it to a spam filter which silently drops it.
This would not be a very sane behaviour in my opinion (requiring SMTP
AUTH should be enough to prevent spam). As for Debian you could ask
listmaster (I am curious about this myself).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)