Re: Remote administration of a machine behind NAT

On 09/08/08 16:48, Andrei Popescu wrote:
Hi,

Recently my mother (running Lenny) switched ISPs and is now behind a NAT, which makes direct ssh access impossible. A reverse ssh tunnel can solve this, but having her type a passphrase every time is hmm... unrealistic.

If I create a key without passphrase it would make my own system vulnerable. Of course, I can put some restrictions on the key via the authorized_keys file, but is that enough?

Or do you have any other ideas?

Port forwarding? Or is the NAT at the ISP level, which would prevent this?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson