Re: ssh X11 forwarding problem

Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:
>Did you enable X in /etc/ssh/ssh_conf
>
>   ForwardX11 yes

Salut Thierry,

Non, I did not have that set. I just modified /etc/ssh/ssh_conf. Here
is what it has now:

Host *
    ForwardX11 yes
    SendEnv LANG LC_*
    HashKnownHosts yes
    GSSAPIAuthentication yes
    GSSAPIDelegateCredentials no

So I restarted ssh (/etc/init.d/ssh restart), logged off and logged
back in with 'ssh -X' and tried xeyes again and it says: Error: Can't
open display:

I checked the value of $DISPLAY and it is not set to anything once
again. With the other network's host it automatically set it to
'localhost:10.0' so I wonder why this network B's host won't set it.

I noticed something in the ssh debug info, maybe you know what this means:

debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
debug1: Sending environment.
debug1: Sending env LANG = en_US.UTF-8
debug1: Remote: No xauth program; cannot forward with spoofing.

Here are my ssh packages:

ii  libssh2-1                            0.18-1
SSH2 client-side library
ii  openssh-blacklist                    0.4.1
list of default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and
ii  openssh-client                       1:5.1p1-2
secure shell client, an rlogin/rsh/rcp repla
ii  openssh-server                       1:5.1p1-2
secure shell server, an rshd replacement

Zach