Re: Do Debian's users care about the AGPL?

On Thu,04.Sep.08, 00:21:11, Mumia W.. wrote:

[...]

> It's the wrong kind of freedom. It's your freedom to place a constraint on
> downstream developers that greatly restricts their ability to make
> money from their enhancements of your software.

If I would be to choose among different service providers I'd rather
choose based on the quality of their service (aka speed, reliability),
which is mostly achieved by the hardware infrastructure rather than
improvements to the code (a good example here is Google Chrome: they had
to write the JavaScript interpreter from scratch to achieve significant
speed improvements).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)