Re: Recommend a mua please

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Bret Busby wrote:

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Péter András Felvégi wrote:

I have a few requirements for a mua, and have not yet found the ideal program:

-- snip --

I trust that you are aware that, apparently, the Washington University has abandoned PINE and ALPINE, and so both are now, apparently, unsupported.

It is an unfortunate decision by the Washington University, but, it is something of which you should be aware, if you are considering using either, and if you have expectations of your MUA.

Are you sure that the University of Washington has abandoned alpine? pine has been superceded by alpine, this is true, but there is no indication on the alpine website that alpine is not being developed any more.

I know that I, as a long-term pine and starting to be an alpine user, will be VERY upset if this is true. I am personally related to two UDub grads, who I will urge to throw their weight as alumni at the U. to reverse this decision!! :).