Re: Recommend a mua please

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Péter András Felvégi wrote:

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 00:08:51 +0200
From: "[UTF-8] Péter András Felvégi" <petschy@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Recommend a mua please

Hello,

I have a few requirements for a mua, and have not yet found the ideal program:

- store the settings/address book on a server instead of the local
machine (I access my mailboxes from different machines)
- handles multiple inboxes (I use imaps mainly)
- possibility to set the fcc folder for a given address book entry
- possibility to save the message from the inbox to the desired fcc
with as few keystrokes as possible
- minimal intelligence when I reply to a mail in my 'sent' folder:
don't address it to myself rather to the one I sent the mail
- display html mail with pictures, etc
- a spam filter integrated with my address book, so emails from known
addresses won't be marked accidentally

Thunderbird lacks the possibility of remote configs/address books,
can't set the fcc in the address book and thus sorting mail is rather
frustrating, it wants to send mail to myself when I reply to an
already sent message and the last version I used had a bug when
deleting attachments.

Alpine is quite close, has remote config and address book, fcc setting
in the address book, thus easy mail sorting, but I was not yet able to
configure multiple inboxes, html mail is limited to text since it uses
the console and no spam filtering.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, P

ps: please cc the replies, I'm not on the list

I trust that you are aware that, apparently, the Washington University has abandoned PINE and ALPINE, and so both are now, apparently, unsupported.

It is an unfortunate decision by the Washington University, but, it is something of which you should be aware, if you are considering using either, and if you have expectations of your MUA.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."